Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Views from the Weekend

I was happy to have a long weekend - many, many thanks to my friends, family, coworkers, and patients who are Veterans! The weather was just gorgeous this weekend here in Memphis so, I made sure to enjoy it as much as possible! Lots of running and bike riding for sure. :-) Our bike ride on Sunday with our friend, Geneveive, turned into quite an adventure when a rain storm popped up! I was happy to be home again in warm clothes for my introduction to Battlestar Galactica. I can't say that I'm hooked yet... but maybe in a few more episodes I will be!
Downtown Dining Week at South of Beale - Apple Cobbler with
Jack Daniels sauce. Yum!
Biking through Overton Park to the Victorian Village event!

Classic Souther Picnic Foods at the Victorian Village!
Catfish, hush puppies, coleslaw, potato salad and
cobbler!
The Main Event - Newly Remodeled!
It's gorgeous!
Fall truly is my favorite time of year! I've been so happy to finally welcome skinny jeans, hot oatmeal, chai tea, and scarves back in to my life. That's not to say I haven't learned to love summery dresses since I've moved down South! (Which I seem to have started to accumulate more of than anything else in my wardrobe - haha!)
The work week has started off well so far with a fun Memphis Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics meeting on Social Media this morning and a baby shower for my coworker Jackie this afternoon. I tried my hand at making buckeyes for the first time for the shower. Gosh, I had forgetten that they are so delicious!!
Photo compliments of: http://partyinthepantry.blogspot.com/2009/11/buckeye-candy-good-stuff.html

No comments:

Post a Comment