Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lazy River

Howdy!
  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I was able to escape Memphis for a couple of days with a few of my coworkers - Erin, Sara, Angie and Deanna. We headed to Arkansas after work on Friday to go rafting on the Spring River! How much fun. :-) I was afraid it would be kind of boring to just float down the river, but since the current was so gentle for the majority of the course, we ended up still doing a bit of paddling. My arms were even a tad sore in the morning. Ha! I think one of the best parts of the whole trip was getting to know my coworkers a little more though. I'm sure there are not a lot of medical centers where there are so many people on the nutrition staff who are so close to me in age.
River view...
We had to hold on tight over this drop!
Our Home Sweet Home for the weekend.
Obviously an RD created meal! So yummy!!! 
This is definitely the kind of trip I would do again. Even though I said canoeing/kayaking on my 25 while 25 list, I think I'll make an exception for rafting! I still got to spend some quality time on the river. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love that we got to do this....a fall camping trip is a must :)

    ReplyDelete