Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Weekend!

       Hope you've been enjoying the beginning of some real summery weather! Things are definitely starting to get hot and humid here in Memphis. One thing I noticed when I moved South is that girls really love sun-dresses! I'm beginning to realize why - they are so much cooler! I've started to collect a couple, but if Memphis is going to be "home" for a while, I totally need to invest in a few more. I did invest in a new scarf... I've been eyeing them up at Target for weeks... Ha!
Cheesy-ist smile ever!
       Between marathon training and one hectic week at work, my little blog didn't get much love this week.  :-( Just recently I've been given the opportunity to start on a few new social media/blogging adventures! My coworker, Mary Catherine is the new Memphis District Dietetic Association president and needed to fill the newsletter/social media position on the board. She knew I did a little blogging - so she picked me! The board hasn't done a whole lot with their Twitter and Facebook pages in the past, so this will be exciting to get started up! I think I'll learn a lot in the process as well. I'm pretty new to Twitter, but I'm finding that it's pretty fun to use. :-) In addition, I hope to keep writing some sports nutrition posts for Star. Let's just say, there's quite a few things in the works to keep me busy!
   So, Thursday was the kick-off of the Orpheum's Summer Movie Series! Will and I went to watch Donnie Darko. Umm, I'm seriously hoping that creepy rabbit doesn't appear in my dreams anytime soon. (I'm always having crazy dreams!) We're seriously considering buying a 10 pack since it was so much fun. They have a lot of classics in the line-up like The Princess' Bride, Almost Famous, Blazing Saddles, and Pulp Fiction.Many of which, I've always wanted to see but haven't yet. Indie Memphis, who brings the Indie Movie Fest to town each November, helped coordinate the whole series. It's things like this that make me feel like maybe Memphis isn't so bad after-all. :-)

   Friday night I headed to Donna's house for a girls' night/memorial for her and Sherry's cats who both sadly passed away recently. I baked up a peach crumble using on of Joy the Baker's recipes that was super(!) delicious. (So good it was gone before I could take a picture... ha!)  Saturday I was up bright and early for running group - 7 miles with a 5K's worth of speed work! I felt I earned my afternoon nap after that one! The farmer's market was fun - blueberries made an appearance this week! I'm afraid I went a little overboard on the veggies -oops! I did snag a huge bunch of kale that I'm excited to experiment with this week. :-) Later last evening, we hit up the Trolley Stop Market for dinner. Their pizza never disappoints! Afterwards we met up with a few friends at Memphis Sounds for some live music and a little dancing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment