Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

Fall has arrived in Memphis!!! (At least for today!) It was only 63 degrees and rainy. Love it. I can finally wear the turquoise colored jeans I bought a couple of weeks ago at Target. Yippee! This colored jeans trend is one that I am actually totally excited about. I'm really tempted to get a maroon pair too! Hmm. Speaking of cooler weather, when I was in Ireland, I ate soup like it was going out of style. Now with the weather change, I believe I can enjoy it in Memphis too. Saturday night we went to 3 Angels Diner and I got their "adult grilled cheese" with the turnip and white bean soup. Delicious! The grilled cheese reminded me a lot of The Melt in Cleveland. Only it wasn't so big it would take me 3 days to eat. Ha.

This was a busy, but fun(!) weekend here in Memphis! Lots of time spent with friends and too little time spent sleeping. I was really dragging at work today! Thank God for coffee. I was happy to celebrate National Coffee Day yesterday by making not one... but two trips to Starbucks. Sometimes, I feel like they must put some kind of addictive magical fall goodness in their pumpkin spice lattes. I can't get enough of them! It's a good thing they are seasonal or else I'd probably weight at least 30 lbs more. Haha.
A highlight of the weekend was my running friend Sarah's 30th birthday!! She had it on the rooftop of one the apartments downtown which had such a gorgeous view of the river and the city from up there.
Sarah the birthday girl in the middle and
 another Star Runner friend Courtney on the end. :-)

As I look at my calendar for the month of October, I have a feeling it's just going to fly by! Next weekend I'll be in Philly for a nutrition conference - lots of S.W.A.G.! (to quote Michael Scott - "Stuff We All Get"!). Lol. Hoping that swag includes free Chobani Greek yogurt again. Yum. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment