Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lazy Labor Day Weekend

Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!!! (If you didn't have Monday off... I'm sorry!) I was feeling a bit under the weather this weekend, but with the help of some cold medicine I didn't have to miss out on all the fun!
My favorite cold remedies...
Friday, Will and I headed to this Ethiopian restaurant, Abyssinia which is not far from his apartment. From the outside, it looks a bit sketch so I was always hesitant to go. Also, my idea of Ethiopian food was rice and then some kind of meat on a stick. However, a few weeks ago, our friends Stanton and Genevieve said it was awesome and convinced us to go with them. They were so right - it's delicious! (Despite it's rough exterior.) Plus, they had plenty of vegetarian options - no skewered meat cubes! This time, we split the veggie and fish plate. Everything is served in little piles on this fluffy tortilla bread with additional bread for grabbing bites of food. No utensils needed!
Saturday I was up early to do 17 miles with my running group. It's a looooong time to be out pounding the pavement. However, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I anticipated since we are doing this run-walk method. The run becomes much less daunting if you think, "If I can just make it to the next walk break I can do this". It also helps having friends to share in the pain!
Monday we packed up Honey and some lunch then drove to a little park in Mississippi to picnic and hike. It was a nice, relaxing way to end the weekend. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment