Monday, August 27, 2012

Around Here

I've been neglecting this little blog the last few weeks and I have been trying to come up with a good reason why. Part of it is that I have been spending some of my time lately doing oh-so-fun things like job searching and revamping my resume. Ugh. I haven't applied for very many positions yet since neither of us is quite ready to leave Memphis...

-I've been seeing this mural frequently on my cross-training day bike rides on the green line. I think it's funny that everyone only has one leg - not sure how they're riding those bikes... lol.
-I did a 16 mile run-walk for marathon training in the rain on Saturday! That was the farthest distance I have ever "run". The next two weekends it just gets longer...
-Sometimes I feel like all I do with my spare time is go running. (See above.)
-I am working on putting together a blog for the local dietetic association - MDDA. It's a work in progress... www.eatrightmemphisblog.blogspot.com
-After our Elvis-ventures the other weekend, Will and I have had a few quieter ones. This last weekend we spent a couple fun nights hanging out with friends. It's going to be tough starting all over!
-I leave for Ireland in less than two weeks! I am kind of freaking out a little. There is so much I need to do before then!
-The other day I picked up the next book we are reading for book club - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Let's just say I spent a lot of quality time on the couch with this one!!! I just couldn't put. it. down.
-I totally made soup the other week even though it is still summer... and it's all Joy the Baker's fault. She posted a roasted tomato and zucchini soup that just sounded delish! Plus, both of those things are so abundant at the farmer's market right now. :-)
-The fire alarm for my apartment building went off this morning - exactly as I stepped out of the shower! Worst nightmare. Luckily it's not as bad as in college where you do have time to put something other than a towel on without your RA trying to corral you out the door. Haha.
-I can't stop listening to Two Door Cinema Club lately. Check this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment