Friday, August 3, 2012

A Different Kind of Cobbler

Howdy!!!
 It's been awhile since I've posted about any cooking ventures. Boo. So here's a remedy to that! Last week I saw Joy the Baker post this recipe --> Tomato Cobbler with Blue Cheese Biscuits. At first I thought it would probably be totally weird. A savory casserole?! What?! I was so curious though, I knew I had to try it! Plus, I had a few extra cherry tomatoes to use up anyway! (By the way, I'm a little sheepish by how amateur my pictures look in comparison to Joy's! Ha!).
Playing with biscuit dough is so much fun!
Toasty biscuits atop bubbling tomato goodness!
Dig in!
The result? Deliciousness! Of course - it's from Joy the Baker. :-) The caramelized onions and uber fresh cherry tomatoes (which can be almost like candy this time of year) made this dish rather sweet after it was baked. Yum. Plus, the blue cheese in the biscuits was hardly noticeable. I was afraid it would be a little overwhelming - but fear not! It's really very subtle. Now, get thee to a market and buy up some sunny cherry tomatoes so you can make this cobbler too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment