Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Make New Friends but Keep the Old

Happy Wednesday!!!
 Goodness. Time has seriously been flying away from me! Probably because I have been having so much fun. :-) Seriously. This was one of the best weekends ever!!!
  For lunch on Saturday, I met up with a few friends at the Beauty Shop and then headed to a blind wine tasting at Great Wines Memphis! Yay! Since it was blind, you were supposed to guess what each wine was based on the flavor. I'll confess, out of the 15 wines we sipped, I only guessed 2 right. Haha! Goes to show how little I know about wines! We had a lot of fun pretending we knew what were talking about though.

  Saturday evening we celebrated Will's 30th in a big way with Amanda and Josh at their combined Treasure Isle July Birthday bash! What couldn't be fun about festive drinks and food, colorful leis, a slip-n-slide, an outdoor movie, viscious mosquitos, and fireworks! Totally one of the best parties I have ever been to! The other great thing about this party?! My friends from Bluffton arrived to join in on the fun that night! I was terrible about taking photos at the party, but our friend Joseph took lots of pics! For all the photos, click this link! I did get this one of Will on the slip-n-slide though... Trust me, it was just as hilarious to watch as you might think. Lol.
Sunday, I spent the day adventuring with Ben, Bird, Lydia, Amy, and Will! Here's a few pics from our day!
Toes in the Mississippi River Model
Modeling at the Mississippi River Model...
Fish taco from the food truck rally at Shelby Farms.
Our little geocaching find! I never knew how much fun geocaching was!!!
Umm... so maybe I was terrible about taking pictures the whole weekend. Shucks. It was fun though, you'll have to believe me! Haha. Let me just say, I was so glad I took the day off on Monday to catch up on sleep! At the party on Saturday I realized how many great people I have been able to meet here in Memphis. It's going to be tough to leave and have to make new friends all over again in Chicago. :-( At least I know I'll always have Bird, Ben, Lydia, Amy (and Erica, of course)! We have stuck together through the years after our BU days - and hopefully many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment