Thursday, March 31, 2011

Get Motivated...

Enjoying the scenery
... to do what?! On Monday, our whole department attended this conference downtown called "Get Motivated". It was a day of randomly assorted speakers such as Barbara Bush, Colin Powell, and Terry Bradshaw presenting 30 minute rambles about random not necessarily motivating topics. Although I spent most of the seminar offended by how many aimed at pushing their political agenda or selling hoaxy "get rich quick" software/classes, the seminar made me wonder... what are my goals? What kind of things do I want to accomplish in the next year? Next 5 years? Now that I am finished with school and have started my job, I have no idea what I want to do anymore! But like I said in a previous post, for once I can just focus on the present rather than the future. Things in Memphis really are good. I'm always working on getting better at my job and enjoying what the city has to offer as well as trying to come up with new things to learn or hobbies (like blogging!).
   In other news, Will and I met a few psychologists from the VA for fun times at The Arcade (for dinner) and browsing the art galleries along South Main during the Trolley Tour. I thought I'd make like Elvis and try out his favorite peanut butter and banana sandwich. So good! On Saturday we tried out some of the best brews in the South at the Riverfest on Beale (and we even made a connection with one of the sales reps to meet them in Nashville!)
Yum!!
  A couple of weeks ago, one of my colleagues at work brought in these amazing cupcakes from a cute little shop called Muddy's. I was really craving one this week, so I convinced Will to come with me and indulge my sweet tooth. :-) I went out on a limb and tried the vegan peanut butter frosted chocolate cupcake and was surprised at how delicious they made a vegan baked good taste! I couldn't even tell it didn't have any dairy, eggs or milk chocolate! It almost makes me want to quit my job and just work for this cute little bake shop. (Only, I feel like creating delicious sugary treats for a living may be a bit contradictory to my background as a dietitian...)
Checking out the wall art...
Tomorrow, I am heading to Nashville to meet with my Bluffton friends! I am sooo excited! It promises to be good times! :-) (And of course there will be a blog post to recount the events!)

No comments:

Post a Comment