Monday, April 4, 2011

24 and Counting!

"I held so many people in my suitcase heart, that I had to let the whole thing go..." Slow Pony Home - The Weepies

Such Awesome Friends!
     Unlike The Weepies, I am not quite willing to let all the people I carry in my heart go... but I do wish I could pack them up and bring them along with me wherever I go! This past weekend, I met up with some of my friends from Bluffton (Bird, Erica, Lydia, and Ben) to celebrate by 24th (!) in Nashville this weekend! The past few weeks, I had been feeling so frustrated with myself because making new friends is such a slooow process. Spending time with old friends was so refreshing. I was so touched that they all made the long journey from various corners of Ohio/Pennsylvania to enjoy some Southern sunshine and hospitality with me in Nashville. It reminds me how precious relationships really are. Although I may be far from my Northern friends now does not mean I should give up on keeping in touch, it's just a matter of making more of an effort to make sure the relationship doesn't fizzle out. Facebook also served as a reminder of the many friends I have made over the years as so many send their b-day wishes (ones who I may have talked to in the last week and those who I have not heard from in years). It makes me think how many people I have met over my travels, and how I have learned different things from each (and I wonder, 'what did they learn from me?!').
He's Such a Cutie :-)
     Ok, enough babbling! Now, to the fun activities my friends and I enjoyed while in Nashville! :-) Will and I drove after work and met everyone for dinner at Cafe Coco. I tried the Vegan chili and this great avacado garden grill sandwich. After our bellies were filled, we headed downtown to walk the famous Broadway strip lined with many bars, shops, and restaurants and soaked up the sights, sounds, and smells of the nightlife. On Saturday, we had brunch at Sky Blue then walked around the quaint East Nashville (or East Nasty as some locals call it. Haha).  We walked off our breakfast at the breathtaking Cheekwood botanical gardens and mansion. The highlight of the gardens for me was the daffodil show. :-) Will and finished the day off with some of the most delicious pizza and cheese I have ever had in my life at Mafiaoza's. It's no wonder I wasn't ready to go back to work today. :-/ Haha.
  Oh and by the way, I also learned how to walk on water this weekend... see below! 
Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment