Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy "What's on Your Plate?" Day!

The USDA collaborated with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and proclaimed today, March 8th to be "What's On Your Plate?" Day to raise awareness of the USDA's new MyPlate as well the theme for National Nutrition Month this year - "Get Your Plate in Shape!". So, to celebrate, I documented my meals from last night through lunch today for y'all to see!
Dinner
Salad and a quinoa black bean burger patty
Tea and a mug of cereal for dessert!
 Breakfast
Plain yogurt topped with sliced bananas, strawberries, and granola. Coffee to drink!
Lunch
Salad, apple, and 1/2 PB&J!
Hope you had healthy plates filled with non-starchy vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains today!! Now I'm off to drink some more tea - I'm feeling like I have a touch of a cold. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, your dinner healthy plate is missing whole grains. You've been around Will too long.

    ReplyDelete