Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Deb in New Orleans

This last weekend Will and I headed south for 6 hours on I-55 down to New Orleans! After months of training with my fellow StarRunners, I finally ran the Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon there! This was definitely the flattest course I have ever run - makes sense when you are at sea level! I think I missed the gently hills we have here in Memphis, it's nice to have a little "break" on the down part of hills. The course wound around downtown and the French Quarter - it was fun to get to see some of the city on foot - there are still thousands of beads in the trees left-over from Mardi-Gras.
Packet pick up!!
So happy to be finished!!!
My finish time was actually my slowest yet - 2:03:06. :-/ However, I was happy to get to run this one after my knee injury this winter! I felt pretty good for the first 8 miles and then it kind of fell apart after that - I just felt spent!
Of course, Will and I did a little city exploring. We didn't have a lot of time in town since we both needed to be back at work on Monday. Since we were on the coast, we made sure to get some SEAFOOD! However, we did miss out on the beignets - we'll just have to go back again!
Alligator soup! (That's right, alligator!!!)
Scrumptious Ice Cream Sampler at The Creole Creamery (A great suggestion from  Guy Fieri)
Looking handsome! We ate lunch on a patio/porch overlooking the street. Such a gorgeous day!
Seafood Cheesecake!
Crab cake!
Love these porches!
Hi from NOLA!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment