Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patty's Weekend Recap

Monday again. Ugh. Too soon! Some weekends seem to go way too fast! I think part of the reason I shuffle my feet in to work on Mondays is that I spend so much time lovin' the sunshine and warm weather my heart breaks a little when I enter my windowless, fluorescent-lit office. :-/
This weekend, Will and I decided to not be hermits and hang out with some new friends! Friday we met up with Sara and her husband Nick at the classy/swanky Mollie Fontaine house for a few beverages.
From our first trip to Mollie's. Taken moments before I was chased from this couch because it was "reserved"!
 Saturday I finally did a little clothes shopping (not that I didn't desperately need it or anything...). Ha! I had a lot of luck at Express actually - I hadn't shopped there much before, but I will definitely be doing it more now! Afterwards, Will and I met up with one of our co-workers, Kim and her husband for a green beer and a game of pool on Beale Street.
Sunday I was up bright and early for my second half marathon race in March! This one was totally tough, I think because I was still recovering from the one in New Orleans and I had just got over a cold. I was major slow! Oh well. It was still fun to do! Too bad the shirt is probably the ugliest race shirt I have ever seen - it's a white, short-sleeved dry fit tee with a half zip neck. The only person who could possibly make it look cool is a 57 y/o white country club golfer. Lol. 
Another one down!
Things I learned from this Half...
1. I need to buy wool/moisture-wicking socks!!! This was a humid and warm race and so my feet rubbed in my shoes and I finished with a few big blisters on my toes!
2. I love having my phone with me now - Pandora kept me going!
3. Sunglasses. No more running races while squinting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment