Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kitchen Fail

So, despite the way it may appear at times on this little blog of mine, I am in no way, shape, or form an amazing cook. You see, I was super excited to try these little "Chocolate Chip Quinoa Trail Mix Balls" posted by Jenna on eatliverun.com a few days ago. Yet, somewhere in the process of making them, I must have made a mistake because I just couldn't get the dough to gather enough to shape it! I kept adding more and more peanut butter until I gave up and just spread it all on a pan and baked it up like granola... and surprise! It worked out well! Although, they weren't the packable little granola spheres that I had intended. Basically, I just followed the recipe linked above  and added 2 more tablespoons of peanut butter. Once everything was mixed well, I baked it on a cookie sheet for ~7 minutes until it started to brown a bit. Voila!
It just served as a great reminder that despite our best intentions, things don't always go the way we planned. Sometimes we fail - or sometimes we just have to pause and consider perhaps there is a better/different way! Hope you have more success with Jenna's recipe!
Ingredients!
All mixed together...
Finished deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment