Monday, April 2, 2012

Quarter of a Century Young

I had a wonderful birthday weekend! (Many thanks to Will for making it so special!) Friday was book club - delicious snacks and plenty of Jack Nicholson craziness in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. (Does Nicholson creep anyone else out????) Saturday started with a great 7-mile run - the perfect distance I've come to learn.
Saturday evening, Will made some fantastic hummus and other snacks which we enjoyed with a few of my friends for my birthday! :-)
Sunday, we went to Brother Juniper's for the best breakfast/brunch in Memphis-town! I've never had salmon or any fish for breakfast before, but let me tell you, this omelet with smoked salmon was life-changing! So delicious!!! Cheesy grits on the side - the only grits in Memphis that I like!

Afterwards, we headed to the Botanical Gardens to gaze at some of the most gorgeous blooms of Spring!



I ended my birthday with some free yoga at one of the local running stores (loved it!), pizza from Bosco's (yum!), and of course... some frozen yogurt!! :-) Here's to another 25 years as great as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment