Sunday, November 6, 2011

From Indie Film to India Fest!

Remember how I said that Memphis can be cool? It proved itself yet again when we headed out to the Agricenter for the India Fest! The advertisement in the Flyer made it sound a lot more exciting than it really was, but we at least got to try out some tasty new dishes! We shared some spicy rice dish with yogurt sauce, mango lassis, and authentic chai tea. Yum! Which reminds me, I really need to learn to make my own chai...
Map of Indian Cuisine
Being awkward by Buddha...
Since India Fest took us to the far east (pun intended!) part of town, we did a little bit of shopping at the mall. Christmas carols and holiday decorations were up already! I'm not ready to start thinking about the holidays! We both picked a few new things including a new fish and a frog(!) for Will's little tank at home. Speaking of fish... after shopping we stopped at a pizza place for a bite to eat. I have never tried anchovies on my pizza but I was always a little curious what they tasted like. Will convinced me to share a pizza with him with the little fishies on it. I tried my best to like them but...
as you can tell by my expression, I wasn't a huge fan! Haha. So fishy! So salty! Noooo thank you! I'm sure it made for an entertaining meal for Will however! 
Well, we're off to the Memphis Farmers' Market year end Harvest Celebration this evening. It promises lots of delicious local eats! I'm excited! 

1 comment:

  1. oh deb, i just enjoy your blog posts so much. i love the awkward buddha and fishy face pictures. they are so great :)

    ReplyDelete