Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011 Year in Review


  • After graduating from Case Western and saying goodbye to all of my dear friends in Cleveland, I packed my bags into my newly purchased Jeep and moved down South to good ol' Memphis, TN - home of The King, BBQ, and potlucks created to be a vegetarian's worst nightmare (just kidding!). 


  • Started my job serving the vets at the VA hospital! My new home away from home - of sorts. Interesting fact to note - if Memphis gets hit with an earthquake while I'm at work - I'll be safe! They reconstructed the building to be earthquake proof. :-) (Rest assured Dad!)


  • Traveled back home mid-January to say goodbye for the last time to my dear grandmother. I still miss her so. She was the one that first showed me how to bake during those summers my brother and I would spend in her home nestled in the PA woods. 
  • Tried my first cupcake from Muddy's bakery and immediately fell in love. Good thing the shop is located across town or I may have become morbidly obese in the last year... 


  • Met up with my lovely friends in Nashville to celebrate my 24th birthday!! (Ben and Will included!) I feel so incredibly blessed to have such lovely friends!


  • Jammed out to some pretty rockin' bands (like Mumford and Sons, The Flaming Lips, and MGMT!) at the Memphis in May Music Festival. An Arcade Fire concert the Thursday before really started the weekend off well!

Flaming Lips Concert = Incredible

  • Dallas/Fort Worth road trip! We had a long weekend, so what better way to spend it than on a random, little trip! We fit a lot into this weekend - zoo, art museum, biking, fantastic food, shopping!


  • Many trips and volunteer hours pet sitting at the Farmers' Market... I've branched out a bit over the last year and tried a few different things... like plumcots, muscadine grapes, fresh figs, mustard greens, and okra!

Love me some veggies!

  • Road trip to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri - first time I met Will's sister and her family! Of course we ate a large breakfast to fuel our theme park antics! They have a random collection of mugs for serving their coffee, I just happened to get this one. :-)

Maybe someday?!

  • I joined a running group - Star Runners - and have met some great people! (Hi Emily and Cille!) I ran the Cooper Young 4-Miler in the fall. Now I'm hoping to do the New Orleans Half this spring!


  • Wedding fever in the September/October! We were all over the country this month! First to Albuquerque for Will's friend, James' wedding. Then, to Franklin, PA for my cousin Emily's wedding (I was a bridesmaid!!!). Finally, back at home in Memphis, Emily's wedding reception! :-) 

At the peak of the Sandia Mt. in Albuquerque - breathtaking!
All spiffed up for my cousin Emily's wedding in PA!
Reception for my best running buddy, Emily's wedding!

  • My Bluffton friends came to visit me in Memphis!! Such good, quality times - including trolley rides, the Civil Rights Museum, crepes and soup eating on the porch and a classy coffee shop concert at Otherlands. 
  • Sitting out on the St. Jude Half - still showing my support for my fellow running friends! This was really tough. I may have done quit a bit of crying (ask Will!) about the fact that my knee was busted at I had to sit this one out. I think the experience has taught me a few things about being a smarter runner though...
  • Celebrating New Years with my friends in Pittsburgh! I just recapped this in my last entry. Honestly, these were some of the people I was happiest to ring in the new year with!
  • Celebrated my "anniversary" of dating Will for an entire year! I have seriously enjoyed every minute of it. I love him. :-)

Here's to another great year in 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment