Sunday, January 15, 2012

Music Video Premiere!

Anxiously awaiting the video premiere! (Will's excited too, I promise!)
Memphis never ceases to surprise me. :-) Will and I were wondering what to do this weekend since we were Flyer-less when we saw a new friend (who we met at a Hanukah party!) post about this music video premiere. Once we looked up the location - which happened to be this interesting building across the street from my apartment that we have always been super curious about (but never been cool enough to be invited in!) we were set on going. So glad we did! "Deering and Down" who I guess you could call alt-country were performing and below is their video!
Our friend Alex is the girl in the green dress. :-) She and her boyfriend Jonathan were there as well so it was fun to meet up with them again - plus I've never known a music video star! (haha!)
The curious winter weather here in Memphis is something else that I have been starting to really appreciate. At home in PA, we could go the entire 5 months of winter with maybe 2 days of sun. Here the sun is abundant and the cold is broken up by random days of 50-55 degree warmth! Yesterday was one of those days. Love it! I needed to do a 7 mile run so Will, Honey, and I headed to the Greenline (ie. paved recreational trail) to exercise. It was so much fun to have Will along (on rollerblades!) as well as Honey (of course!). I think we made quite the interesting group - runner + blader + dog = fun times!
Oh, and I have to share - as Will and I were walking out of the library today this little boy and his Mom pass us on their way in and we hear the little boy say with honest enthusiasm: "I love you!!! Thank you sooo much for taking me to the LIBRARY!!!" That's so me as a 10 year old. Maybe it'll be the same for one of my kids! (Being a nerd is actually sort of cool these days right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment