Sunday, January 22, 2012

7 Things I'm Loving this Weekend

1. Dinner at Amerigo with Will that was both low-carb and vegetarian! It's not often we find a dish that meets both criteria - layered eggplant casseroule with sauteed spinach and mushrooms on the side. Yummy!
2. Nothing tops a steamy hot shower after a chilly looong 9 mile run with StarRunners! (My knee is still complaining about that one!)
3. Sushi at Sekisui with some ladies from running group! Such a fun evening with Emily, Donna, Sherry, and Lynda. :-)
Sushi is seriously like food art.
4. Nutella and banana slices on hearty, sprouted wheat Ezekial bread. I picked this bread up on a whim after a few people had told me it was really good - I'm hooked!
5. My new salad spinner! This makes prepping salads for the week soooo much easier. Plus, my lettuce stays fresh longer - I've put off buying one of these for way too long!
6. Speaking of salads, I can't get enough of this dressing Will had tried a few weeks ago and convinced me was delicious. He was totally right. With this dressing, I could almost eat salad for dessert...
7. This evening I experimented in the kitchen and tried my hand at making my own black bean burger. It was tasty, but was difficult to cook since it didn't hold together as well as I'd hoped. I'll have to share the recipe once I get the kinks worked out! Meanwhile, I packed one of the extra "patties" crumbled on top of a salad for lunch tomorrow. So excited!
The burger is buried under avocado, tomato, and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment