Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings

(Source)
1. I finished the latest book for book club the other day. Absolutely loved it! The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides is definitely worth adding to your list of books to check out in 2012. The novel follows the lives of three characters trapped in a bit of a love triangle - Madelaine, Mitchell, and Leonard. I think part of the reason I really enjoyed this novel is that it resonated so closely with my own life as the story opens on their college graduation - when you are filled with the disillusionment of the greatness of "real life". They are all trying to figure out their place in this world and whether the Jane Austen kind of love from Victorian novels can exist in modern day.

2. The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell was a cute story that made for a quick read about a girl who anonymously blogs about her frustrations/crush on her office mate and the hilarity that ensues! This was another one of my Christmas reads from Dolly!


(Source)

3. I went to check on a patient today on meal rounds who was a little out of it. He told me (in all seriousness!),  "if you go without having a bowel movement for 4 days, and then eat a bologna sandwich on the 5th day... it'll kill you!" LOL. I love my job.





4. Here's what I made of my protein project yesterday. >50 grams of protein total in 24 hours = Success. Woot!!
Breakfast = 3/4 cup yogurt, 2 tbsp peanut butter, cereal, 1 banana, coffee!
Lunch = Salad with hard-boiled egg, apple, 1/2 PB&J (w/~1 tbsp PB)
Afternoon snack = ~23 almonds, a few chocolate chips, and raisins!
Dinner = Seitan stir-fry over rice, salad!
5. Two of my favorite things right here...
Will and milkshakes that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment