Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I am really terrible at making and keeping (ahem) New Year's Resolutions. It almost seems like the whole idea just sets you up to fail. In the past few years, I haven't made any kind of resolutions, but this year, I wanted to create a few goals for myself...
-Create an electronic address book of sorts and be more proactive about making cards for people (which I love! Even if they are usually a little nerdy...). I know how much I love getting real mail. I'm sure other do too. :-)
-Research and possibly buy a real camera. Look into taking a class at one of the universities here in town to learn how to use it!
-Run the New Orleans Half-Marathon without feeling like I need to amputate my right leg due to knee pain. I've learned some things about being a smarter runner after this "runner's knee" flare-up!
-Visit Charis in Ireland! I need to be even better about saving my pennies for this trip!
-Journal at least once a week. Ever since I started blogging, I've been journaling less and less, but I feel like there is still some merit to keeping journals - and I want to make sure I keep up the habit.
-Yoga on at least one of my cross training days. I confess, I just bought a Jillian Michaels yoga DVD that I actually kind of really like... shhhh...
-Learn to can! I really wish I had known how to preserve some of the tasty produce I had enjoyed over the summer - I am so craving those tomatoes, fresh green beans, peaches, plums... oi, I'm drooling!

So, now that I've broadcast these over the internet, I guess I have you all to keep me accountable! :-)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Deb! When the season comes, I'd be happy to share canning experiences with you - since I am trying to figure it out as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete