Tuesday, February 21, 2012

For the Love of Food!

Happy Fat Tuesday!! Looking back at my weekend, I realize now I did quite my fair share of eating! I figured - I ran 12 miles on Saturday... I could live a little! Ha! It was lovely having a little 3 day weekend to catch up on chores, sleep, grocery shopping, chick flicks, and reading! Now to that eating part...
Friday evening, Will and I headed to Tsunami for dinner. Let me tell you - if you are a hipster in Memphis you'll definitely fit right in at this kitschy little restaurant - hello v-necks and 80's mustaches! Lol. No, it was great food and a really nice atmosphere - plus, the food is locally based which I love!


My uber-cute date!
Tuna nachos...
Scallops and salad!
Eggplant and Goal Cheese Napoleon
Cheesin'
Saturday morning, I did a tough 12 miles in the suburbs of Germantown with my StarRunners friends. I didn't realize I would miss running downtown as much as I did, but the scenery in G-town is enough to put you to sleep on your feet! All the houses and streets look exactly the same. For dinner that night, Will taught me how to cook up lentils! I've been packing leftovers in my salads for lunch this week - amazing.
I also started (and finished!) a book this weekend - that's right, my life really is that exciting! Bloodroot by Amy Greene follows the life stories of several generations of a family living in the East Tennessee Mountains/Appalachians. Definitely very intriguing to think of growing up so secluded from the world!

Hearkening back to my geeky Christian high school days - this book totally reminded my of that mini tv-series Christy (based on the book by Catherine Marshall) about a teacher who travels to the Appalachians to work in a one-room schoolhouse. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Anyone? No? Guess I'm the nerd! However, if by some crazy chance you have seen/read Christy, but are afraid to admit it, you would definitely love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment