Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Although Valentine's day is a bit overly commercialized and silly, now that I actually have a boy in my life, it is kind of fun! :-) At work, we exchanged sweets to celebrate. Let me tell you, my coworkers definitely know how to do a potluck! I made these little guys to exchange.
They were peanut butter cookies with chunks of these little dark chocolate Reeses' that I found at the store - yum! I found the recipe on this blog Lovin' from the Oven -- see it here.
The great part of the exchange is that I got to bring home tasty samples of the fun treats everyone else had prepared!
The little red "fur ball" in the corner was the creative work of one of our interns! She covered a cake ball with red coconut flakes and added chocolate chop eyes and white chocolate feet.  I'm not sure I can eat it, it's too cute!
After doing some tough speed-work at running group (too many cookies in my belly weighing me down!), I spent a quiet evening with Will. He cooked me dinner - salmon, oven roasted red potatoes, and asparagus! It was all sooooo delicious! He's such a sweetie. :-)
In light of the holiday, I have been hooked on this little love song I heard on the radio a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment