Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Weekend!

The countdown to the New Orleans Half-Marathon has begun! Exactly one week until race day! I pray that I don't have any fluke injuries this time around. :-/ The bittersweet part is that the race marks the end of my training with StarRunners until the Fall most likely. Now I won't have anyone there to keep me accountable and provide interesting conversation when I run!
Here I come!!!
Since we'll be travelling next weekend, Will and I had another quiet weekend here in Memphis, which is a-ok with me! We started the weekend of right with pizza and beer from this pizza place super close to Will's new apartment called - Broad Street Pizza. It was a bit of dive-y kind of joint with plenty of goofy Elvis likenesses adorning the walls. We split this lovely pie... (pretty much the best way to carb load in my opinion...)
Bowl of banana peppers and green olives on the side - YUM!
Per usual, I was up early on Saturday morning to meet my fellow StarRunners downtown for an easy 8-miler. It was fun times running over to Mud Island with Emily and Cille. The miles seem to just fly by in good company! Afterwards, I made a quick trip to the Farmer's Market - it's kind of slim pickings at the moment - can't wait for summer! (Well, minus the suffocating southern heat...) We cooked dinner that evening - cathfish, buttered cabbage and lentils. I was responsible for the lentils again. :-) Will used this chipotle raspberry marinade he got from Dolly over Christmas for the catfish that was delish! Also, another great thing about the neighborhood Will now lives in? Raffe's! They you "create your own" six packs, so we get to try a bunch of different brews! We paired our dinner with one from a brewer in Alabama.

Sunday has been pretty chill. We took a walk in Overton park this afternoon to take in some of the fabulous warm, sunny weather! I was too warm in a jacket! (Can it really be February?!)
Hopefully this will be a quick week since I am so excited for the weekend!! But, come to think of it, I kind of feel like I'm always living for the weekend these days - sometimes I miss school! (Can I petition for a spring break?!) Sigh. I still have to convince myself I'm "all grown up" now. Anyways, hope y'all had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment