Monday, February 13, 2012

A Peek at My Weekend

Hey Friends!
Monday is drawing to a close and this week has me hitting the ground running!
Friday evening entailed packing (Will moved!) and chowing down on the portabella BBQ sandwich at Central. YUM! I was in bed relatively early as I was meeting Emily in the morning for a 9 mile run through Cooper Young. It was freeeeezing!!! Let me tell you about running in the cold. It is not pleasant. My nose becomes a faucet - so much so, I have dripped on my pants! (I know... TMI!) It's true though! I need to tap into my inner granny and start packing tissues up my sleeves when I run. Lol. After doing 9 miles, we met up with Emily's husband and some friends to do the Yazoo Barely a 4-K Run! Even though I had to face the bitter cold for another 2.3 miles it was totally worth it for the t-shirt, brews, and social time! (I'm surprised people still wanted to be friends with me at the Yazoo run - I definitely don't look pretty after a long run! Haha.)

By evening on Saturday I was still chilled, so for dinner, we headed to pho (again!). This time I got the one with lots and lots of veggies! The bowls they serve this stuff in are epic-ly large - I can never finish one!

Sunday involved more moving and unpacking at Will's new place in Midtown (I'm all by myself in Downtown now!). Also, I took the time to lounge on my couch with a cup of coffee and this gem, The Sherlockian by Graham Moore. For a time in high school I went on a Sherlock Holmes binge and read almost all of the mysteries. This book was recommended by a friend and I have loved it! The novel centers on the mystery surrounding the missing diary in Arthur Conan Doyle's canon. Each chapter switches back and forth in time between Doyle and a modern Sherlockian - both trying to solve murder mysteries.

I also watched more of Downton Abbey - I just can't get over this show! Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time and live during this time period for awhile... (until I remember how little they knew about germs and medicine back then!)

This morning I made a trip to the dentist for a cleaning and check-up. No cavities! Woohoo! As I was laying in the chair at the office, I couldn't help thinking of this comic about flossing by The Oatmeal.
See it on his site!

1 comment:

  1. I just started watching Downton Abby on Netflix! It's amazing I watched 5 episodes on Sunday !

    ReplyDelete