Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cheers to Good Food

Last week, I saw this salad recipe on Joy the Baker's blog and I have been craving it ever since! Sunday night, I invited Will over and recreated her salad, minus the croutons. It was a gorgeous evening so we enjoyed it on the rooftop patio at my complex. :-) I had never bought smoked salmon before, but I am excited to try it more often as an alternative to tuna on salads. Got to get those Omega 3 fatty acids! Will brought along a delicious new buttered kidney bean hummus to have on the side. He's become quite the hummus master!

The last Monday of each month, one of our favorite people in Memphis, Mac Edwards, serves up a special dinner dubbed "The Last Supper". He called Will with a last minute opening which we jumped at and invited our friend Josh to join us. Both Josh and I couldn't eat the pork entree - so Mac whipped up this divine sauteed mushroom and spinach dish. Yum! It was surprising just how meaty mushrooms can be. I don't miss steak one bit! The reason we really love Mac's restaurant The Elegant Farmer is that he is totally committed to making local food absolutely delicious. He often does a bit of shopping for his restaurant on Saturdays at the Downtown Market.



Mac's in the background.  Will and I both look totally cheesy! Ha!
Hope your week has kicked off with a great start - and good food!

1 comment: