Monday, May 14, 2012

Thoughts for a Monday

1. I have been anxiously waiting for Dark Shadows to come out and was not disappointed when Will and I went to see it this weekend! This was a movie about vampires that I could actually stand to watch. Lol.

2. BBQ fest is this weekend and I can already smell the roasting pork whenever I walk out the front door of my apartment building. The festivities in the park along the river not far from where I live - too bad I'm a vegetarian!
3. Totally laughed out loud numerous times during the latest Joy the Baker podcast! Siren songs, T-Flo and the best Trader Joe's products.
4. Never have I been a napper until now. I love snoozing in the afternoon on weekends! Saturday I was so worn out I conked out on the couch for 2 hours! I must be getting old.
5. I am so jealous of my friends who are planting gardens and blogging about it. Check out Anna's blog Returning to the Land and Rachel's Mister and Toots for garden inspiration! So wish I could be harvesting my own home-grown lettuce, tomatoes, mint, etc!
6. Over the last couple of weeks I have been seriously thinking about doing the St. Jude marathon in December. Since joining Star's running group and making some great running friends, I feel like the marathon is actually something that just might be possible for me to accomplish. I haven't taken the plunge and signed up for training yet, but I am almost convinced I should...
7. Speaking of races, I just signed up to do this Nautical 10-miler with my friends Emily and Cille in just a couple of weeks. Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about this one since I haven't done any runs longer than 7 or 8 miles since the Germantown Half Marathon in March - eek!
8. Memphis may be the one of the cities with the highest rates of obesity, teen pregnancy, and crime, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that we have a least one thing going for us. Glamour did an article this month on the initiatives in place for assisting high-risk pregnant women in the area. They even included Brittany Spence who started the Forrest Spence Foundation and 5K Run after she lost her son, Forrest to a Hep B infection. The organization provides blankets, toys, and supplies to families in the NICU. I did this 5K race last year and was excited to think that I helped support such a great cause! See the article here.
9. I totally forgot how much I really like this hat Will bought me. :-)

10. On Saturday, Will and I tag-teamed dinner. It was so colorful! Can you tell we're both RDs? :-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for the shout out, Deb! I am super jealous of your quick access to such delicious sounding (and local!) food. Ah, to have the best of both worlds, hey?

    ReplyDelete