Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy,

After you hear about my weekend, I hope you may consider me worthy of a little spare change under my pillow. ~Little Debbie

No wonder teething babies get so cranky!! Last week, one of my bottom wisdom teeth decided I had finally become wise enough for it to come in but came with a price! My mouth has been so sore for the last few days, I was almost out of my mind in pain! (To which Will can attest! So sorry he had to put up with me and my grinchiness!!!). Here's a bit of a recap of the last few days:
Scene 1 (Thursday lunch): My tooth had been aching since I woke up that morning and hadn't gone away like I had hoped... I wasn't sure I was going to be able to chew the salad I had packed for lunch so I was thankful I had also packed a PB&J, but wait! When I went to the fridge to get my lunch, my bag was unzipped and my PB&J was G-O-N-E!!! Someone had stolen my handcrafted sandwich on homemade (somewhat crumbly) bread! (And if you know me, I dearly love and covet my PB&J...). They did leave behind my salad and apple... hmm. Well, I hope they enjoyed it at least!  Meanwhile, I feebly chewed my salad with one side of my mouth while I fumed about my sandwich. (It's kind of funny in hindsight. I kind of wish I could have asked what they thought of it!)
Scene 2 (Friday afternoon): As my tooth begins to hurt more and more, I find the pureed/slurried pancakes on a patient's plate on my ward surprisingly appetizing...
Scene 3 (Friday evening): My wisdom tooth is screaming from me in the back of my mouth! Will tries to appease my agony with ice cream (and some meds to help me sleep). :-)
Scene 4 (Saturday morning): Although I have a dentist appointment scheduled for Tuesday, I know I am not going to make it! So, we end up going to a semi-sketch "emergency dentist" named Orpheus (ie. Morpheus) who instead of offering me a blue or red pill to escape my problems, numbs me with novocaine (almost just as good) and writes me a rx for pain killers and penicillin and advises me to see an oral surgeon soon about my wisdom tooth!
Scene 5 (Saturday afternoon): RELIEF! After one stolen PB&J, one trip to see (M)Orpheus, rx pain killers, and a few too many crying episodes later, I finally begin to enjoy my weekend with a walk with Will and Honey at Overton Park followed by a lovely dinner on the rooftop of Vietnamese food from Seigon Le. :-)

Spring is Truly Here!!!
Hmm... this seems to be a common scene on this blog!

It's so good! You just can't take small bites!
Tomorrow, it is off to the dentist with me for a routine cleaning and dum, dum, dum... the verdict on what is to happen to my wisdom tooth. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment