Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Candy

You know how I mentioned in one of my posts that Will always wins the game of self control at the ice cream store Yo-lo? This Easter has become a painfully trying time for me as I have somehow managed to be dangerously surrounded by yummy, sugary Easter treats. Will's step-mom sent us both an adorable little basket of goodies and then at work, my office mate brought in her Easter candy bounty from home so there is no escape!! My predicament makes me think of this post on an absolutely hilarious blog that Will has got me hooked on called: Hyperbole and a Half.  She writes and illustrates these highly entertaining stories about her childhood, her dog, etc. One of my personal favorites is called "The God of Cake". The gist of the story is that she steals a bite of cake and then is so intoxicated by how delicious it is, she becomes totally obsessed with getting more. That's a bit how I feel everyday at work! I eat just one piece of candy, then another, then all I can think about is, "candy, candy, candy, candy, candy!!!". This pic from her blog describes that feeling perfectly...

 In the spirit of her blog, I tried to create my own little illustration just to see...
Don't let the chocolate-y cuteness fool you!
It's actually a lot of fun! But I realize now how much work she must put into each post. Goodness! One of the other posts I find entertaining is "This is Why I'll Never be an Adult". ("Must clean all the things!!!")
Check it out.
Do it.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment