Monday, April 18, 2011

The Weekend is for...

  • Celebrating TGIF(!) with a cupcake from Muddy's! :-)
  • Going to the drive-in movies. (Arthur was surprisingly charming.)
  • Having a brew from a local pub.
  • Supporting local agriculture by visiting the Memphis Farmer's Market (I was so excited!! The first weekend it was open since I moved here!)
  • Getting flowers... just because they're really pretty. 

  • Tackling a gigantic mound of laundry.
  • Curling up on the couch with a funny book. I am currently savoring The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker. (Props to Erica for recommending it! I'm loving every minute of it!)
  • Hanging out with this cutie. :-).

  • Making an elaborate dinner, ie. baked catfish with a balsamic and sorrel reduction, mashed sweet potatoes, and buttered collard greens. YUM!

  • Sipping a glass (or two) of wine.
  • Eating YoLo. (This is a fun place for us dietitians to go together. It's a self-serve ice cream shop and your ice cream is priced by weight. Whoever has the lightest dessert has the most self control! Which is usually Will. Haha.)

  • Sleeping in.
  • Going to church.
  • Getting messy eating a bucket of crawfish from the Ragin' Cajun' Crawfish Fest. I admit, at first I was totally creeped out by the prospect of eating something that was still able to look at me, but I worked through it.

  • Riding bikes. 
  • Soaking up the sunshine.
  • Chillin' at home on the couch and watching The Graduate.
No wonder I don't look forward to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment