Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Y'all!

Today was a gorgeous day for the Easter holiday here in Memphis. This weekend it has been mostly sunny with highs in the 80's. I love it! :-)
This weekend, Will and I did a lot of relaxing and many of the things we typically enjoy such as: getting dinner and margaritas :-) at Cafe Ole in Midtown.
 Grabbing a drink and enjoying the sights downtown at Flying Saucer

I go "nuts-O" for donuts-o!
 Nibbling on a midnight donut-snack at Gibson's.

Saturday we scored some great local eats at the farmer's market then made the best pizza I think I have ever tasted from our market finds. We baked a homemade wheat crust, created the pizza sauce from fresh oregano and heirloom tomatoes (which I had a lot of fun squishing up with my hands before we simmered them!) and topped it with sauteed garlic cloves, sliced onions, and spinach. Yum!!
Mmmm... Squishy!
Perfection!

I'm about to snack on some leftovers now! :-)
This week should be exciting as I am looking forward to loads of live music and festivities this weekend as the world famous "Memphis in May" begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment