Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello New Mexico!

Want to know a secret? I've been looking forward to (but also slightly nervous about...) this weekend for quite a while! Since I've met him, Will has often talked about how much he loves and misses Albuquerque so I was so happy when the opportunity came along for me to go visit. :-). I think I can understand his infatuation better now. The sunny days, dry heat, expansive sky, and breathtaking mountains do have an appeal to them that is much different from rolling green hills of PA. Plus, there is so much great food! Did anyone say green chili?? The reason behind my jitters was that in addition to seeing his hometown, I also got to spend time with Will's family and many of his friends. Looking back now, everyone was so friendly, it seems sort of silly that I was so nervous! Here's a bit of a recap of the weekend...
View from our hike up the of the Sandia peak with Will's Mom...
Will and I at the top of the peak where we stopped for a snack. :-)
Our ride back down the mountain.
At the wedding. (I look so weird in all the pics from that night. Oi)
Will lookin' classy with the groom and best man. 
On a tour of University of NM
At the Rattlesnake Museum with Will's Dad and Dolly.
This was the exact moment I totally freaked that this snake would break through the glass and get me!!
Huge rattler behind me? No big deal...
All in all, I had a superb labor day weekend in New Mexico! In addition to the above adventures with Will's kind and generous family, of course there was plenty of F-O-O-D!! I major failed at getting good pics though. :-/ I will say that I think I am sold on green chili. Yum! Plus, I have totally been dreaming of how tasty the chai tea I had at this little Indian restaurant Will's Dad found that we went to on Sunday. (Wonder if I could figure out how to imitate it myself at home?? Hmmm...). 
Hope y'all had a wonderful Labor Day holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment