Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tasty Experiment

A few weeks ago, Jenna from the blog, eatliverun posted this recipe for zucchini pasta. It looked so good! The only problem was that it included sausage. :-/ Not to fear, though. I thought, "Why not try vegetarian sausage?". Now, first off, I'm not a big fan of "fake meat", so this was the first time I have ever bought anything quite like this. I have started to get a little tired of my other protein options (ie. eggs and beans) and Will is always harping on me that I don't get enough protein in my diet. :-)
 I changed Jenna's recipe a bit. I think it turned out to be pretty tasty. I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the fake sausage though, it might partly be due to the fact that I really don't like real sausage. Oops!

Zucchini Pasta
(Adapted from this recipe)
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup whole wheat rotelli pasta
-1 veggie sausage link
-1/2 sliced zucchini
-Handful of cherry tomatoes
-1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-Few leaves of basil, chopped
-1 tbsp olive oil
-Generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, spray a saute pan with oil and brown the sausage. Once sausage is browned, set aside. In the same oiled pan, add the sliced zucchini and oil. Saute the zucchini until it begins to soften. When the zucchini is nearly done, add the garlic, basil, and cherry tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are just warmed and garlic becomes fragrant.
3. Slice the sausage and toss with vegetables in pan. Toss in the pasta and mix it all together well. Sprinkle it all with salt and pepper and parmesan cheese. Enjoy! :-)

Today, I finished up my day and a half of "Coach/Mentor" Training as we will soon welcome our second class of interns (I feel so unprepared!). Anyways, if you ever have a random serious desire to discuss your life goals, I'd be happy to practice the GROW model on you! Haha. Most of the training I felt was painfully awkward as I was forced to do sooo many practice coaching sessions with strangers (some of whom now know some personal information about me as a result!). Tomorrow I'm NM bound! So excited!!

1 comment:

  1. I made this the other day too! Only I used tofu because we were moving and I needed to eat things in the fridge! It came out pretty well!

    ReplyDelete