Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

Here's a bit of what happened in my life this past weekend...
Trolley Stop Margarita Pizza. Yummy in my tummy!
The pizza (and maybe a bit of Ghost River Wit) served to fuel our creativity as we prepped our poster/interactive computer ensemble for the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. We talked about, "How many carbohydrates do you need?" using the new USDA MyPlate. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of our work at the market! :-/
This weekend was the last one for the Delta Fair. I had seen billboards around town advertising it so I was curious. Then, Will saw an add in the weekly flyer that said they were going to have all kinds of shows: a monkey show, pig races, demolition derby, and... ostrich races?! That totally sold us. Lol. Unfortunately, we got there a bit too late to see the race, but we did still get to say "hi" to the ostriches. They're so strange! Seriously. Will said they remind him of dinosaurs. I can see what he means.
Did you win little buddy?
Next, we strolled around and peeked into one of the "freak show" tents. The cow with 6-legs seemed to like Will. Will scratched him behind the ear and the cow showed his appreciation by wiping his eye boogers on Will's hand. :-)
More animals at the petting tent! Goats are so much fun!
It tickles!
The weather was perfect for the fair!
On Sunday, after patiently waiting many months for my little basil seedling to grow... it was time to sacrifice it. I was craving pesto!!
Leaf harvesting...
Whip it! Whip it good!
After our basil had been successfully transformed into pesto(!) we used it to top some spaghetti squash I had bought at the market. (Low carb pasta!) I also threw in a few chickpeas and loaded it with parmesan. Yum!
Final product
Finally, last but not least, this weekend marked the start of fall as I enjoyed one of my most favorite things (even though it's still too warm here in Memphis)...
Pumpkin spice lattes!!!

1 comment:

  1. The pizza looks DELICIOUS! And I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Welcome Fall. :-)

    Your posts always make me want to try new foods, now I just have to get the courage to actually try them!

    ReplyDelete