Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Delish Mushroom and Biscuit Dish!!!

It snowed here in Memphis last night! I love waking up the morning of a first snow when all the trees are still frosted with snow and it hasn't turned to dirty, gross slush in the streets yet. Since the temperature was dropping, I thought it would be the perfect evening for baking up this mushroom and biscuit dish from Joy the Baker. (I love her!)
Biscuit making!
I love an excuse to play in flour! These biscuits turned out so much better than I thought they would!
Mmmmm... tasty!
For the delicous recipe... click here! Joy's pictures are so much better than mine! I made just a few changes to the recipe. I left out the chives in the biscuits and just seasoned them with oregano and I used a mix of plain yogurt and milk in place of the buttermilk. In the stew, I left out the peas. Other than that, this recipe is awesome!!! If you're facing a snowy outlook, this dish is sure to make you toasty warm!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to make this, but was fretting over not having buttermilk. Your substitution, great idea! miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete