Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pages are Flying!

The last time I headed to the library I was really lucky to come across many of the books I had been wanting to read after seeing some of my favorite bloggers rave about them. The first great book was The Tiger's Wife which I already mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again! It was soooo good! Here's a couple more...
-The Paris Wife by Paula McLain: The love story of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife (there were many to follow I found...) Hadley. A life filled with lots of travel, penny pinching, bickering, Absinthe and of course - love lost. It wasn't quite the book I expected, but still worth the read. I spent the evenings immersed in this book imagining what it would have been like to be Hadley  - living in the hustle and bustle of Paris and trying to predict Ernest's often stormy moods.
-My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira: Loved this book! It was so inspiring to read about a woman with such a passion for medicine and so tenacious in the face of opposition. Mary was tireless and unrelenting in her care for the sick and wounded of the Civil War. I just can't help but love a little historical fiction! :-)

-The Duchess and the Dragon by Jamie Carie: This was a touching story about a simple Quaker girl who falls in love with a Duke disguised in pauper's clothes. Will's Stepmom Dolly had given me this one to read - so sweet! If you are looking for a lovely little romance - this is definitely one to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment