Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... well, sort of. I have to be honest, I do kind of miss the idea of a white Christmas. Although, to celebrate the season, I have been enjoying some other things down South: like biking through the Starry Nights display, running outside(!), and watching the decorated trolleys roll down Main Street. Last night, Will and I warmed our bellies with bowls of pho soup again from a different Vietnamese restaurant in town - equally as good as the last! Afterwards, we sipped eggnog and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That movie is so much funnier than I had remembered!
You couldn't hear a dump truck barreling through a nitroglycerin plant!
That totally makes sense to me!
Although, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get enough time off of work to make the drive home to see my family (and Charis!!!!), I am thinking of all the things I do have to be thankful for this holiday. 
- At least I have a job!
- Will, who has become family/best friend/boy friend is here to keep me company. :-)
- My freezer is full of sweet treats! (I have to freeze stuff so I'm less tempted to just keep eating all my cookies!)
- I am running (cautiously!) again!!!
- This hat Will got me for our anniversary. :-)

- Although, not guaranteed, there are likely many more Christmases in the future for me but there were several patients that I have seen in the past month who were heading home to enjoy possibly their last Christmas ever with their families and friends. I have nothing to complain about!
So, here's to a very merry Christmas to all my friends and family near and far. Although I may not be celebrating the season with you in person, know that I am thinking of you all and am with you in spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment