Monday, December 26, 2011

Girl in the Red Coat

I love, love, love this coat Will bought be for Christmas!!! He still isn't quite convinced that I really like it - or the hat. (I do!)
My first Christmas in Memphis was very relaxing. I slept in that morning and enjoyed some pancakes with the Nutella that Dolly and Will's dad sent. Yum! In the afternoon, Will and I delivered some soup and cookies to the people who had set up camp for Occupy Memphis - some have been living in tents by City Hall for 60 days now! The leftovers we took to a park down the street to share with the homeless that are usually gathered there. We were greeted with so much more need that we were prepared to meet! We quickly handed out all the rest of our soup and baked goods. I am constantly reminded that I have so much to be thankful for.
In the evening, we met up with our friend Josh, whom we know from the farmer's market (along with some of his friends) for a little dinner/board games/Dr. Who party. I am proud to say that I stayed awake through the entire episode of Dr. Who - last time I only made it ~10 minutes. This episode was just much more entertaining I guess!
Suffice it to say, it was a nice Christmas. I am so thankful that slooooowly it may seem that I am starting to make more friends here. :-) Back to work tomorrow - happy for a 4 day week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment