Monday, December 5, 2011

Race Weekend

Oops! I didn't mean to neglect my blog for a whole week! (I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seat wondering what I have been up to the last few days. Don't try to deny it!) Anyways, my bad! The real exciting stuff didn't happen until the weekend anyhow. :-)
Friday, I went to the Dr about my knee. According to him, I have "chondromalacia" - so the cartilage behind my knee has softened to where it couldn't handle the stress of running and freaked out. Now, I have a brace to wear while I cross train and see them for PT on Friday. (Thank God for health insurance! It's a truly amazing thing!) He said "N-O" to me running on Saturday. I was so disappointed! Since I'd be running the race in spirit with my friends, I figured I still needed to carb load. I totally demolished this cupcake from Yolo for dessert on Friday.
Dreamy coconut!
So, I made a sign and walked down the street (the race course just so happened to go past my house!).

Oh, and the newspaper-man was enamored with Honey (Will's pup!) so he put us in the slide show on the Commercial Appeal's race write-up --> See it live on the site here!

I never realized how chicken legged I look! So awkward! It's definitely an awesome picture of Honey though!
Sunday we redeemed our box seat tickets for the Nutcracker ballet at the Orpheum Theater! What an enchanting show they put on! I am always so impressed by people who can dance... because I am so incredibly uncoordinated!
Hope y'all stayed toasty warm this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment