Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Last year around this time when I was living in Cleveland, I would look out my window and I'm pretty sure it would look a little like this.
The idea of a rainy, "brown" Christmas may take some getting used to!  It's hilarious to see Southerners trying to scrape their cars in the winter in the event that it does snow or ice over. I think I've seen someone using a clipboard... the flap of a cardboard box... gloved hands + windshield wipers... I try not to laugh! (I promise!)
Anyways, it is still a bit nippy out down here so I suggested we try the Vietnamese restaurant in town for some warm-you-from-the-inside-out Pho. Last year, one of my awesome Cleveland friends (Chris!) introduced Will and I to Pho, which is a clear, broth based soup filled with rice noodles and fresh herbs (usually basil). At the table, they give you toppings like bean sprouts and jalepenos, sriracha and hoisin sauce. Yum!
Humongous bowl of Pho!!!
Will ordered the sandwich we saw advertised in the Memphis Flyer earlier this week. Lots of pork (including some that resembled Spam) was involved!
Last year, one of the first things we did when we moved to Memphis was drive out to Shelby Farms to view their Christmas light display. I totally wanted to go back this year (hoping it might instill some Christmas spirit!). Mondays, you can bike/walk/run through the display - awesome!!! We bundled up, packed some hot coffee and leisurely biked our way through the lights. So much fun!
I'm so cool.

Shocking!
My FAVORITE section of the tour!
Hope y'all enjoyed a fun and festive weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment