Wednesday, May 18, 2011

24 Things I've Learned in the Last 24 Years...

There’s this article that one of the blogs I check up on daily mentioned that was really interesting. (To read it, go here.) It talked about what kinds of things I should have figured out now that I am almost 25(!). I decided to sit down and make a list of some of the things I have come to learn in the last 24 years, and I thought I would share with you. Just promise not to make fun!
1.) Friends are hard to make, so hold on tight to the ones you have.
2.) Feeling stressed? Sad? Angry? Frustrated? Get sweaty. (lol.) Exercise has become such a great outlet for me for all the above.
3.) The passing of a loved one is never easy.  It makes all the memories you have of them all the more sweet and precious. I miss you, Grandma.
4.) Just because you’ll never be the winner of a race doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth running. People cheer for the first and the last person to come in!!
5.) Life is kind of like running I’ve come to realize. Sometimes things are going well and you feel great… and then you fall on your face. You just have to get up, brush yourself off, and keep going.
6.) Do the best you can. That’s all you can do.
7.) Laugh and smile a lot. People notice. :-)
8.) There’s always time for coffee.
9.) Reflect. Journal. Pray.
10). Pulling freshly baked bread out of the oven is one of the most satisfying things ever.
11.) I’m a dietitian with a sweet tooth. What can I do?
12.) You can’t predict or control your future. No matter what grand schemes I may have for myself, God always makes things work out better than I may have imagined.
13.) I could seriously eat PB&J for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
14.) I love discovering new music and appreciating it. I’ve always been a bit envious of people who are able to create inspiring melodies.  
15.) Even though they are pretty much guaranteed to be cheesy, making a handmade card for someone gives me so much more satisfaction than buying some boring Hallmark!
16.) The idea of working at a museum used to be really cool. Then I worked at Bodies.
17.) Falling in love is exciting, and fun, and scary.
18.) Try new things. See new places. Meet people who are different than you.
19.) Think before you speak. People shape some of their strongest opinions about you based on what comes out of your mouth.
20.) It’s ok to cry sometimes… even if someone may see you.
21.) Being coordinated just isn’t my thing. I’ve finally given up on ever thinking I may one day be graceful. Haha!!
22.) The image of God as the potter and me as a mound of clay needing to be shaped has always fascinated me.
23.) My hair is big. It’s taken me this long to finally let it do its thing. I will never have Jennifer Aniston locks no matter how much I wish it or how many hours I spend with a flat iron.
24.) People move in and out of your life all the time. Make the most of the time you have to spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment