Monday, May 9, 2011

Come Hell or High Water!

A most appropriate slogan for the Memphis in May BBQ festivities this coming weekend!! (Which they did indeed have to move locations due to flooding.) This flooding thing is a much bigger deal than I had first realized. Will and I ventured to Mud Island on our bikes Saturday to check out the damage. The Mississippi is definitely pushing its limits. Here are a few of the pics I snapped on our ride just so you can get a little bit of an idea. Something I didn't picture was the park along the river near Will's apartment complex that is now all underwater. :-( I miss going there on my runs! (But I'm not ready to add a swim yet! No triathalons for me!)
There's no getting to that side of the island!

Half submerged trees
Take a seat...
It doesn't look good!! Hopefully, as the rain continues to hold off it'll start to recede... or something. There's all these signs up around town about how the end of the world is supposed to be coming on May 21... by flood. It's almost too ironic! Haha.
In other news, yesterday evening, I made us some awesome salads from the ridiculously fresh and delicious produce I had picked up at the Farmer's Market on Saturday. Let me tell you, these salads make me actually happy to eat my vegetables! :-)
As always, Monday rolls around way too fast and it's back to the daily grind at work. I can't complain though. I am enjoying my job... the Vets are definitely a special population. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment