Sunday, May 15, 2011

Glimpses of My Weekend

This past week of work just seemed to drag on forever! (Must have been what sparked my "Work" post... haha.). Here's a bit of a recap of my weekend.

 Friday
  • Bhan Thai for dinner - so delicious!!! Will and I split these sweet and tangy spring rolls with mustard for an appetizer and then had the "Dirty Old Man" entree with tofu. (I've gotten him to eat tofu twice this weekend! Hehe.)
    Mustard on Spring Rolls? Go figure.
  • Bridesmaids! This movie rivals "The Hangover" for one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen.
Saturday
  • Memphis Farmers Market. Below you can see some of the things I picked up. :-) This weekend they had a woman lead a demo on how to make strawberry jam. I'm thinking a weekend project may be in the making...

  • Library time! No matter what, I find myself at the library at least once every week. It's so big! Every time I go I spend way too much time wandering between the shelves trying to pick out just one book. (I usually give up and come home with at least 3.) When I got home, I was happy to chill on my couch and read while sipping a Chai latte. Yum.

  • Dinner time! Will came over and we cooked up the humongous head of broccoli I had gotten from the market in a stir fry with some bok choy and tofu(!). That was my first experience ever cooking with tofu, which Will taught me how to fry it up so it is slightly crisp on the outside. (I love having a boyfriend who knows how to cook!) 
Sunday
  • Sleeping in always feels so good. 
  • Church. The sum of the message today: "Faith without works is dead". James 2:20.
  • More time spent chillaxin' on the couch with the new books I picked up from the library while I wait for my bread to rise. It's been a bit of a chilly weekend so I was actually in the mood to do some baking. (It's been getting to 90 most days the last week or so!)
  • All new "Bob's Burgers" tonight! Always guaranteed to make me chuckle. 
Trying to savor the last few hours of the weekend before it's back to the daily grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment