Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gettin' My Greek On!

One of the things I am loving most about Memphis is that there never seems to be a shortage of interesting things to do on the weekend. :-) This weekend was "Greek Fest" at a large Orthodox church in Midtown which was definitely worth checking out. There must have been hundreds of people there all willing to stand in long lines to get some of the best Greek food for miles around. Will and I enjoyed these dishes:
Moussaka and a Greek Cheese/Olive Plate
Baklava Cheesecake (This pic doesn't do it justice!)
 I'm starting to drool just writing about it! The Greeks definitely know how to cook (and how to party!)
On Thursday, I was feeling a bit lazy and not willing to cook dinner so we ordered a pizza from this shop on Mud Island (which is dangerously close to being drowned by the swollen Mississippi!). We enjoyed our pizza and sunshine(!) with a bit of Magic Hat on my porch/garden (which I am sooo loving!).
Awesome
Hope all is well with y'all! I'll be posting more soon!! :-)

PS-

I <3 Pastries!

No comments:

Post a Comment