Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hey Y'all!
The week has just been getting ahead of me! Here's a bit of a recap of what I did this weekend. :-)

Friday
- One of the most hipster parts of Memphis is the neighborhood, Cooper Young. It reminds me a lot of Coventry in Cleveland. (Warm feelings!) We decided to try out Sweet Grass where I ordered a delish apple, pecan salad topped with blue cheese. Also, we shared an appetizer of fried macaroni and cheese balls which were so gooey and warm...
Not a Good Pic, but Definitely Tasty!
- As you can tell, I was enjoying the night. :-)
- Afterwards, we headed to Urban Outfitters for a bit of window shopping. Then, to my fave, Muddy's Cupcake Shop!
 
Poor Will wasn't feeling well and took a little cat-nap!
Saturday
- Up and at 'em! I headed to the Farmer's Market to help my coworker Erin present our little poster on goat's milk which was the featured item of the week at the market. Afterwards, Will and I volunteered to pet sit. There were so many cute and cuddly pups that people brought by! My personal favorite was a wee ball of fluff named Iz. :-)
- After a long day at the market, Will and I biked over to Trolley Stop Market to enjoy some sandwiches created from local produce/ingredients and share a bit of Golden Ale. I got the best veggie burger I think I have ever had! Mmm...

Love, love, love the Trolley Stop Market!
Sunday
- Grocery shopping. Always a bit of an adventure.
- Ever since I've moved here I've been meaning to try out a yoga class at Midtown yoga. They have classes that are "pay what you can" so I picked a random one on Sunday to try. It was a Hot Yin yoga class which didn't end up being anything quite like I imagined or hoped. Instead of stretching and strength it was basically a relaxation class where I spent the majority of the class with my butt against the wall and my feet in the air. Not exactly my style... haha.

This week is already flying by! I'm looking forward to this 3 day weekend! (More on that to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment