Saturday, August 27, 2011

Confession Time...

This Saturday, I just thought I'd share a few random thoughts with y'all. :-)
1. I somehow (although not totally my fault!) killed the plant I bought at the greenhouse this spring. When I brought it home, a bunch of bugs had hitched a ride on it and ate it all up despite my efforts to get rid of them. It just couldn't handle it. :-/
Poor thing. :-(
2. I seriously can't wait for fall to be here! Cooler weather, jeans, sweaters, hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes. Mmm! (Wait, does that happen in Memphis?!) So, when I saw apples at the market this morning I got super excited thinking fall must be on it's way! To my disappointment, those are definitely "baking apples" and not the crisp, sweet "war- fuzzy-fall-feelings" apples I was looking for. :-( Guess I'll be making apple crisp this week!
3. I tried to make hummus from scratch... and I failed. For some reason, I still haven't mastered the art of cooking dried beans and the chickpeas I had used for this recipe were dried. The hummus, in turn, came out a little dry as well. I think I needed to be more patient about letting my beans reconstitute more!
4. Despite my long legs, I've realized I'm just not a fast runner. Although I really wish to be! I ran the Forrest Spence 5K in Overton Park this morning and was pretty disappointed with my time - 28:47. Ugh. Hoping I can make up for it in 2 weeks at the Cooper Young 4-Miler though!
Modeling the t-shirt post race shower. You didn't want to see my sweaty self before! 
5. I never quite finished the "21 Days of Yoga" I had set out to accomplish. I was doing so well for about 2 weeks and then I just slacked off. I think I'm going to try it out again soon though. I feel like the stretching is definitely good for running injury prevention.
6. No matter how many miles I am able to run, the walk up the 4 flights of stairs to my apartment never seems to get any easier. What's up with that?!
7. I realized I have no 5 year plan. I need to fix that. I need some goals in my life!
8. Even though it is my job to talk to people all day, sometimes I just wish I could sit in my office and not have to interact with new people all the time. (True confession of a shy girl...)
9. I've had the most incredible craving for a donut from this place called Donald's here in Memphis all week. Wasn't my degree in nutrition supposed to get rid of that type of thing! Haha.
10. I'm terrible to try to get a hold of on the phone and I don't mean to be! I can seriously have the thing practically attached to my hip all weekend with the ringer on loud and still miss phone calls. :-/ Therefore, I've missed talking to one of my best friends on the other side of the world!
Miss you Charis!!!
So there you have it. Now, I've got to get ready for my bike-venture to Shelby Farms this afternoon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment