Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Rewind

Whew! This week has been slipping by me before I realized it! Here's what I've been up to the past few days... (Sadly, I major failed at taking enough pictures!)
Road Trip! Will and I drove out to Branson, Missouri for the weekend, but before we hit the road, we stopped at Huey's to refuel (our bellies!). I had heard rumors that this place had some of the best burgers, which includes black bean vegetarian-friendly! burgers, in town so I had to try it out. Conveniently, there's one downtown not far from my apartment. It was such a fun place! Not long after we were seated I looked up and realized that the ceiling is covered in toothpicks - then I promptly got hit with one. Lol. Apparently, people use their straws as a sort of dart gun to shoot toothpicks into the ceiling and they have an annual contest to see who can guess how many toothpicks are up there - how clever! Also, I'm happy to say, I was definitely pleased with my Southwest black bean burger. :-)

Now, back to why we headed to Branson, MO. Will's sister Jennifer and her family had spent the week in Eureka Springs, AR and were heading to Silver Dollar City on Saturday. Since, she was going to be in the area, Will and I made the trip to go visit and enjoy the amusement park of course! It was definitely an enjoyable time. :-)
Before we headed to the amusement park, Will and I went to this kitschy little breakfast place and shared a veggie omelet and some fantastic French toast. They are seriously generous with their coffee and they serve it in mismatched mugs. Which I love. I happened to get this one... lol.
Don't worry, I didn't get hitched this weekend! But perhaps someday I can deserve a similar mug. Haha.
.After the amusement park, we went to this restaurant called Lambert's which a few of my patients had recommended. They serve freshly baked rolls, only instead of serving them alongside your dinner plate, they throw them to you at your table! It was highly entertaining! Especially for Will's niece and nephew. :-) Oh, and I figured out why my vet's love the place so much! The portions are huge!! Plus, they have not only the roll throwers but also other servers who constantly round the dining room egging you on to take some of their tasty fried okra or fried potatoes or black-eyed peas.
Watch out for flying carbohydrates!
The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. I am definitely missing my weekly farmer's market trip as my produce this week from Easy-Way just isn't the same. :-/ I'm so spoiled! The other night, I finished this book called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's the next book we'll be going over in book club. Basically, it follows one adolescent girl's fight for survival in these "hunger games" where she has to fight her peers from other "districts" to the death in this wilderness. It sounds intense, but it's not as gory as it sounds! Honestly, it took me a bit to get into it since this genre of literature is so out of the ordinary for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment