Friday, August 19, 2011

Cup"Cake"!

Lately, I've become a bit of a pinterest.com addict. I don't even know why I'm so mesmerized by this site, but I am. The other day I was seriously craving some chocolate and remembered seeing someone "pin" a cake you can make in a mug. Bingo! That's exactly what I needed. Here's the results:
It doesn't look like much... but it's good!
Cup"Cake"
Adapted from recipe from this blog
Ingredients:
-2 tablespoons flour
-1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
-2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon leftover brewed coffee
-Pinch salt
-2 tablespoons milk
-1 teaspoon oil (I've been using canola)
-Drop of vanilla extract
Directions:
1. In your favorite mug combine the flour, Splenda, cocoa powder, baking powder, coffee crystals and salt until no lumps remain.  Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Bake in the microwave on high for 35 seconds.  It should look "set" on top and will still be gooey on the bottom. :-)
Top with whatever your little heart desires. I picked peanut butter (shocker! lol) and soaked it in a bit of milk. (I am so obsessed with soaking baked things in milk lately!) It's not going to taste exactly like a carefully prepared cake... it's kind of a cross between a cake and a brownie... but regardless, it still hits the chocolate-spot!
PS- Just for fun (since it's Friday!)...
I could totally see on of my patients doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment