Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Recap: 7 Things

1. Happy hour pretzel with queso + Cape Cod + a new sundress(!) + Art + Muddy's Cupcakes = Perfect recipe for a lovely Friday evening.  :-)

2. Running group on Saturday morning really kicked me the "arse"! Somehow, on runs, I have found myself at the front of the group. I know I'm not a fast runner, at all. I think it just happens to be that the group dynamic is such that the majority of people there are newbies, so I have a little bit of an advantage. Anyways, this Saturday I was at the front with one other girl named Sara and one older guy that is pretty fast. Sara and I assumed he knew the route, but we were wrong! We ended up making a few wrong turns and did a longer route at a pace much faster than I am used to. There were points when I seriously felt like I needed to slacken my pace or I'd keel over, but I stuck it out. In the end it felt great! I've been feeling for some time now that I need to be more challenged in my running - well Starrunners has given me that!
3. Playing couch potato with some good chick lit and HULU!!! With Will's laptop, I am so happy to have Hulu back in my life. I'm hooked on this new show called Love Bites.
4. A Southern meal I can actually enjoy! Last night, we made okra, BBQ catfish, and baked sweet potatoes. YUM! Compliments of the Memphis Farmers' Market of course. :-)

5. Red Velvet Cupcake yogurt at YoLo. Heaven in ice cream form!!!
6. Committing to do yoga everyday for the next 21 days... (more on that later!)
7. Enduring the Southern summer heat and humidity! I'm not kidding, some days I feel like all I do is get sweaty and shower, get sweaty and shower - a 2 shower day means I'm doing good! Haha.
Hope things are well with y'all and you are enjoying your weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment