Monday, July 11, 2011

Adventures in Eating Out: The Vegetarian vs. The Omnivore

I'll have my pizza with... meatballs?
So, I've been feeling a little guilty. I've been living in Memphis for about 7 months now and I have yet to hit up any legitimate BBQ restaurant yet... (and there are plenty to choose from!) Unfortunately, this means that Will hasn't really had the opportunity either (except for his top-secret trips to Tops, hehe). I give him a lot of props for never complaining when we split yet another veggie pizza, or one of the guys at the pool comes up to him at the grill to see what we're cooking to find an embarrassing lack of char-grilled carcass. A lot of times, it still works out though. When we don't split, he typically indulges in some carnitas. :-) A clever way he circumvented yet another meatless pizza meal this weekend was to order a side of meatballs - which I just felt that I had to share here! I think our waitress might have thought he was a little nutso, but he got his protein! This is the second time we had visited the Memphis Pizza Cafe and I've been pleased both visits. The extra thin crispy crust is great since it doesn't leave you feeling like you just carb-loaded like a marathon running the night before a race!

PS- In case you were wondering, those incriminating photos on F-book of me eating chicken (thanks Will! Haha) do not signal the end of my vegetarianism... only a one-time only detour for the sake of trying the "world's best fried chicken". :-) For now, I mean to continue to stick to my guns and fend for myself in the heart of BBQ country!

No comments:

Post a Comment